Incredibly Healthy and Super Nutritional!
- 3 fresh Bay leaves
- 2 gm fresh Thyme
- 2 gm Sage
- 3 large Onions, cut into squares
- 3 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 3 fresh Carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pink Himalaya Salt
- 125ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1,5kg – 2kg Roasted Beef Bones (such as marrow bones, shin bones or oxtail bones)
Chef Benita prefers all of them: the marrow bones for the healthy marrow, oxtail for the collagen and gelatin, and shin which adds more meatiness. You can remove the meat from the shin when cooked and enjoy with Cauliflower Rice.
EASY TO FOLLOW STEPS:
- Make a bouquet garni by placing the herbs in the centre of a small, clean muslin cloth. Tie it into a pouch with string.
- Place roasted bones in a pot with vegetables, peppercorns, Himalaya salt and the bouquet garni.
- Add 2,5 litre water to the pot along with Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for up to *48 hours, refilling the pot with water when necessary. Remove any scum that rises to the surface by skimming it off with a slotted spoon.
*Note: If you use an electric pressure cooker, it cooks for 6 hours on the slow cooking setting. Top up with boiling water every 2 hours.
*It is safest and best to cook it on the low setting in a slow cooker/pressure cooker, rather than on a stove.
- Drain the Broth through a fine sieve set over a bowl, allow to cool, then refrigerate
until ready to serve and enjoy.
- You can freeze it in small portions and defrost as you need it. Warm-up quickly
in a small pot on the stove (do not microwave as the radiation is unhealthy.